Ayurveda & Yoga – Similarities
Similarities Of Ayurveda And Yoga – Basics
Ayurveda is the health science that focuses on healing the mind and body, and yoga is its sister science that is directed towards the practice of health science that relieves the mind and body. Although, Ayurveda is more focused on healing the body, yoga deals with the purification of the mind and soul. Both, Ayurveda and yoga emphasizes the common factor that the wellness of the body is directly proportional to the balance generated by a healthy mind.
A common & coherent thread of purification links both Ayurveda and Yoga, as the similarities between the two are abundant. These include the cleansing practices, diet & lifestyle, nutrition, attitude, exercises, hygiene, and the spiritual practices of life science that prevail across both.
Why combine Ayurveda & Yoga?
- Both accept Panchamahabhoota theory
- Both originated from Vedas
- Dharma (Righteousness), Artha(Wealth), Kama(Desires) & Moksha(Salvation) has been aimed by both sciences.
- Both has 8 branches – Ashtanga Yoga & Ashtanga Ayurveda
- Doshas, Dhatus & Malas are the essential part of maintaining a healthy positive life is accepted by both the sciences.
- Both talks about body as an abode of 72000 Nadis (channels), Shadchakras (Vital energy centers), 5 Koshas (sheaths) etc.
- Both advocate the use of diet, herbs, asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra, astrology, prayer, pooja, & rituals for healing the entire being.
- Both encourage physical health as a good foundation for mental, emotional & spiritual well being.
- Both share the same view on psychology. Ayurveda embraces all six of the main schools of philosophy including the Yoga sutras of Patanjali & Vedanta (a non dual philosophical & spiritual path).
- Both use cleansing methods for the body, all of which encourages the removal of waste products & toxins through their natural routes of elimination. Ayurveda has Panchakarma (5 cleansing actions) & yoga uses Shat karma (6 purification measures).You need to synchronize the benefits of both Ayurveda and Yoga to experience better results during the process of purifying the mind and healing the body naturally.
To know more about various Ayurveda & Yoga training programs offered at Greens Ayurveda, call+91-496-2504334.
Embed This Image On Your Site (Copy code below):